Monday, June 29, 2009

If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get a Glass of Iced Tea

I have finally uploaded the slide show feature and added a couple more paintings. Getting the right lighting so I can take digital pictures of my paintings has been difficult. I usually take them outside. Outdoors I can control the natural light by moving to different areas of the yard. Big Problem!!!! The temperature here in Texas is ranging about 100-102 degrees with a heat index of about 104 degrees. Hey....it's hard enough to breathe in these temperatures, let alone move everything outside, set it up and take pictures! So! I am finding things to paint inside. Since right now my interest is in painting flowers and the flowers are on the outside, this is a difficult task. Thank the good Lord for cell phones! I get it ready, run outside, shoot and run back in. Only a small bead of perspiration! A tall glass of iced tea later and I am ready to check out the photos on my phone. I chopped off half the Cannas! I moved too fast on the Roses (big blur)! And, I zoomed in too far on the Lilies. Think I'll go get another glass of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment