Friday, March 8, 2013

UP DATE.... We are still here in Texas. We are almost over the last hurdle and then will be heading back home to Florida.



It has been 3 1/2 years since I last posted. Life took some courses that took me away from painting and sharing my love of it. We never know what will come and how long it will last. However, God gives us the strength to make it through. Faith is tested and sometimes we fall. But, he is always there to pick us up, brush us off and tell us to try again. And, this now is the course I am on.

It will be yet a few more months before I can dust off my art supplies and begin painting again. They are packed and ready for our long awaited return home to Florida. We will be saying good bye to our adoped state of Texas. It took me a long time to love Texas. But, despite extreme summer heat, dry parched conditions and some icy cold winters this has been our home for 16 years. When I finally opened my eyes, I found beauty in this state that is sometimes born out of these extremes. I will miss Texas...My adopted home.

Unlike most who live in Florida, we are actually going home to retire. The Sunshine State! The beaches! The smell of salt air! The Spanish moss that hangs from the tree! Not sure where my brush will take me first. Until then I will blog on my move and daily life. I am excited to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment